Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine Goodie Bags 2015

We hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was very busy celebrating Hailey's 7th birthday with family and friends. We will have party posts soon! In the mean time, you may like to check out Our Parties from prior years. But for now, with Valentine's Day just a few days away, I thought you might like to see the goodie bags I put together for Hailey's Valentine Day Party at school. I already had bags and ribbon. So, all I had to do was decide how I wanted to decorate the bags. Last year, I stamped the front of plain brown paper bags and added ribbon (Valentine Day Bags 2014) which I loved, but I wanted to do something different this year. When I found this beautifully done free printable from Twig & Thistle, I knew that it would work perfect.

I printed the image directly onto the bags,
folded the top of the bags down,
made hole punches and tied ribbon
through the holes to close the bags.
I made the bow on the other side
of the bag so it wouldn't detract from
the beautiful design of the printable.
The bow also "prettied up" the other side of the bag. :)



As for the goodies inside,
I made candy hearts with my candy mold pan
and added some cute Valentine themed items.



To make the candy hearts, I mixed
1 tsp. of vegetable oil in 8 ounces of candy or chips
and melted the candy/chips in the microwave until smooth.
I spooned the mixture into the mold.
And then, put the mold into the refrigerator for about one hour.
For the red hearts, I used red melt candy
For the chocolate hearts, I used milk chocolate chips
And for the white and pink hearts,
I used white chocolate chips
and added red food coloring to make the pink.

These were so quick, easy and inexpensive.
I love the way they turned out!
We hope everyone has a happy Valentine's Day!

Thanks for visiting Our Family Inspired Home!

We would love for you to follow us!

No comments:

Post a Comment